Saturday, November 7, 2009

A scooter in my future?


Uncle Johnny told me that the best way to find him on Paisans.org is to find a profile called Scooter Shack. He has a lot of old parts to restore your old scooters with if you need another source for vintage parts. He also has a little Vespa 50 Special that I've been eyeballing. It needs some work, but I think it would be a great starter scooter project for an admirer of vintage scooters and other two (and three) wheeled treasures - such as myself. He has to get it to a sell-able condition before I buy it, but if I start saving my money now, I may be able to buy it once it's finished, whenever that may be. He's busy doing other stuff over at the Scooter Shop right now, and so far, the 50 Special hasn't been touched. I've expressed my interest in it, but right now it ain't going anywhere. and he doesn't seem to be in a hurry right now to work on it. We'll see how it all works out. I have other things I need to save for too. I have my music interests too because I like to play drums and guitar, but it would be great to have a little toy scooter like that. To me it would be more like a toy because I'm a big guy. It would just be for fun and joyriding, but in a pinch, it's not a bad thing to have around. It's pretty light and small enough that you can stash it just about anywhere too. All in all, the 50 Special is a great little classic scooter for many reasons.

3 comments:

  1. So what's the story with that Rally 200 in the photo? Check out my blog if you get a chance. http://vespahunting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not a Rally 200, it's a 50 Special. Not too many of these are left. It's pretty much just sitting in the condition you see in the photo. It needs to be fixed up and restored a little before Johnny sells it. Actually, I think I need something a little bigger myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's definitely not a 50 special. The 50 special did not have removable cowls. The striping on the front fender tells me it's a Rally as well as the black fender crest and the headset is a giveaway too.

    ReplyDelete