Saturday, September 19, 2009

Welcome to another cool Scooter Blog


Welcome to my new Scooter blog. My goal here is to support my website, ClassicScooter.net, which is about what else (?)-- Classic and Vintage Scooters. I'm not selling anything, I'm doing the website to learn website development skills and gain some new experience. I'm writing about scooters because I've been around scooters for 25 years but I've never actually owned one. Why? Well, it has always been a financial issue with me. I had a chance to get my hands on a classic P200E Vespa a few years ago, but I needed a car worse at the time. The thing about these little treasures we call vintage scooters is that you need to buy them outright with cash in hand. I'm always living from paycheck to paycheck so this kind of extra money has evaded me. Even now, I'm unemployed and part of my motivation to do this blog and website is to not only learn more about scooters and website development, but to eventually buy a classic scooter from somebody in the area.

Actually, my exposure to scooters is through my uncle. He is a scooter mechanic and a regular scooter guru. I've hung out with him at his work for years. I never did much with the scooters, but I sure like them and they look really cool. I'm not sure what I'll be writing about besides scooters, but I'm hoping he'll like the website and this blog too and become more interested in doing something with it. It's a great domain name as far as scooting goes. I might be persuaded to sell the domain too, but I'm not letting it go for cheap. I know what it's worth and the potential it has. But it doesn't matter to me if I sell it or not because this is a good project and I have to start somewhere. I mean, I have plenty of ideas and I have access to scooters, so why not? Anyway, I need to put up a lot of content in this blog all next week in order to put the Google Adsense ads on the sidebar for a little extra money, but after that, I'll be posting here about twice per week. It will take a little work to come up with some good content. I'm not out to plagiarize or steal other people's material on the Internet, and I'd appreciate the same from you all. Thanks for stopping by. Look for my website to be online soon. It's still under construction right now.

BTW-- if you have any content or pictures that you would like to post here, I'd be happy to post your stuff to this blog. I'd have to proofread it for spelling and grammar, but I'll leave it in tact as you wrote it. Banners Ads are also welcome if they are scooter related, and so are your invitations to link you to my blog roll.

1 comment:

  1. Content was great and easy to follow. The presentation is good,Very impressive. Good layout that is not cluttered, with a good color scheme. Thanks heaps for all the relevant and helpful information!buy best scooters

    ReplyDelete